The Chevening Scholarship is one of the most prestigious awards in the United Kingdom; it allows qualified applicants from Chevening members or qualifying nations to study for a master’s degree at a university in the United Kingdom, tuition-free for one year. Students worldwide have traditionally flocked to the United Kingdom to attend college at some of the world’s finest universities.
About the Chevening Scholarship
The Chevening U.K. Government Scholarship program provides bright, ambitious, and capable individuals with the chance to further their education at top universities in the United Kingdom who might have needed more financial resources.
APPLY TO: Excellent Japanese Scholarships 2023: Fully Funded
Because of its success in welcoming people of different backgrounds and origins, the United Kingdom ranks first among countries regarding cultural diversity. Hence, individuals with a strong interest in studying various cultures and those who are tolerant and hospitable to those of diverse nations and races should apply for the Chevening Master’s Scholarship.
In addition, the U.K. provides a one-year master’s curriculum, which is uncommon in other nations. Since goal-oriented people understand the actual value of timing when beginning a career, a master’s in the U.K. is invariably desirable. Chevening is a framework from which the aspiration of attending one of the U.K.’s top universities can be realized.
In addition to all of these benefits, Chevening Scholarships offer exceptional prospects to schools in the U.K. as well as the possibility to become fluent in English, a language spoken worldwide, and is a necessary step to advancement and development in the global community.
The Chevening Scholars are the ones who will bring about positive change in the world. The Cheveners are adapting to the world’s problems using their ingenuity and the support of their peer group at Chevening.
Since its beginning in 1983, the Chevening scholarship U.K. has been the most competitive scholarship program in the U.K., and its recipients commit to serving their communities for at least two years upon returning to their native countries after completing their master’s degrees.
The Chevening Fully-funded Scholarship for International Students has already shown to be a watershed moment in the advancement of professions, the transformation of communities, the development of new viewpoints, and the establishment of new relationships between nations.
Chevening alums have made waves in virtually every industry in their dedication to bettering the world. The Chevening scholars, for instance, surpassed records for voluntary work by devoting 6,467 hours to the community while pursuing master’s degrees in the United Kingdom.
READ MORE: 3 Excellent Women in tech Scholarships: Apply Now
Similarly, Amina Mehmood, a Chevening Alumna, collaborated with the U.K. Foreign Secretary to head up the Girl’s Education Initiative. Similar instances abound in the U.K., motivating recent graduates to apply for and receive prestigious scholarships.
The Benefits of the Chevening Scholarship
In compensation for winning the 2023 Chevening Scholarship, the following privileges are awarded:
- Full tuition fees.
- Stipend every month.
- Costs of traveling to and from the U.K.
- An allowance on arrival.
- An allowance for departing home.
- Reimbursement for the cost of visa application.
- An allowance to visit the United Kingdom for Chevening-sponsored programs.
Criteria and Eligibility for Chevening Scholarship
Some requirements must be met in order to be considered for a Chevening Scholarship:
- Statutory Language: English
- Countries of Eligibility: Citizens of Chevening-eligible countries are encouraged to apply for scholarships. The link in the article provides the lists of countries qualified for the Chevening Scholarship.
- When the Scholarship is over, the student must spend at least two years in their home country.
- By the time applicant submit their application, it is expected that they should have fulfilled all requirements for an undergraduate degree that will get an applicant into a postgraduate program at an institution in the U.K. According to the program and university selection, this is approximately comparable to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the U.K., although it could be variable.
- Applicant must have worked for a minimum of two years, equal to 2,800 hours.
- Apply to three distinct qualified U.K. university programs, and by July 13, 2023, the applicant must have obtained an unconditional acceptance from one of them.
Conditions for Ineligibility for the Chevening Scholarship
In order to be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship, the applicant must not:
- Possess either British or dual British citizenship (except applicants who are applying from Hong Kong and are a citizen of a British Overseas Territory or have B.N. (O)).
- Reside as a refugee in a country not part of the Chevening program. Refugees who seem to be natives of a Chevening-eligible nation and apply for a scholarship are also considered.
- Be currently employed by Her Majesty’s Government (including British embassies and high commissions, the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy, the Department for International Trade, the Ministry of Defense, and the Home Office), was employed by Her Majesty’s Government in the past two years since the opening of Chevening applications, or are on the staff of the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
- Any current or former staff member or immediate family member of a worker of a Chevening Partner organization can apply. However, the employment occurred within the past two years. In that case, individuals will not be eligible to receive a Chevening Partner Award from the organization for which individuals work or initially worked.
- The applicant has used a scholarship provided by the United Kingdom government to attend a university in the United Kingdom.
Procedures to Apply for Chevening Scholarship
Here are the steps applicants need to do in order to apply for a Chevening Scholarship:
CHECK OUT: 8 Excellent University of Duke Scholarships 2023: For Foreign Students
- Applicants are to select their country and proceed to select the Chevening Scholarship
- The next step is to create an account
- Begin the application process by filling up the profile, saving the data, and validating the profile.
- To ensure one’s qualification for the Scholarship, carefully finish the quiz.
- Complete the application by providing the requested information and gathering the necessary materials:
- Certificate for degree completed.
- Certificate of English language proficiency.
- Provisional acceptance of planned academic programs (up to three).
- Course proposals are guaranteed to be accepted without any conditions (up to three). Applicants have until July 13, 2023, to upload at least one offer of admission.
- References (Applicants must upload two references on receiving an invitation for an interview).
- International Passport and other documents for identification.
- The final process is to submit the application.
For further information and to start the application process, interested individuals and click the link
1 thought on “Excellent Chevening Scholarship 2023: Fully Funded”