Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships are granted by the Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) in the UK to students from low- and middle-income countries who demonstrate exceptional ability and desire. Those applicants from Commonwealth nations who cannot afford to study in UK institutions or pursue their PhDs there has a fantastic opportunity to realize their ambition of attending one of the best universities in the UK.
Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships are available to Ph.D. candidates dedicated to advancing sustainable development objectives through their research and coursework. Furthermore, all recipients of this Ph.D. grant are viewed as potential candidates who will make outstanding instructors and researchers in the future.
APPLY TO: Excellent Chevening Scholarship 2023: Fully Funded
About the Commonwealth Split-site Scholarship
The Commonwealth Split-site Scholarship for Ph.D. students seeks to offer capable and meritorious candidates top-notch tools and financial support for their education. As an added criterion, top graduates and Ph.D. candidates are evaluated based on the direction and quality of their research contributions to improving higher education in the United Kingdom and other Commonwealth nations. The fully financed scholarship is an excellent way for the United Kingdom to work with nations in the Commonwealth with low or middle incomes.
There are just six CSC development themes that qualify for Commonwealth Ph.D. fellowships. Science and technology; bolstering health systems and capacities; bolstering global peace, security, and governance; bolstering reliance on and resilience in the face of crises; access, inclusiveness, and opportunity; and so on. Therefore, all students who want to achieve in the subjects mentioned above are given financial assistance through the fully funded international scholarship in the UK.
Commonwealth Split-site Scholarship encourages the development of historically underdeveloped nations and communities. In order to improve the ability of underdeveloped countries to make decisions, the academics in this fully-funded doctoral program in the UK are required to advance their educational backgrounds and conduct a more in-depth study.
In addition to all the advantages listed above, the international fellowship offers Ph.D. students all the financial support they may need while studying and staying in the UK. Thus, this excellent chance for Ph.D. candidates empowers bright academics to impact their communities.
READ MORE: Excellent Japanese Scholarships 2023: Fully Funded
The opportunity to apply should be noticed by all individuals who believe they qualify for this award. A detailed explanation of the requirements for eligibility, the application process, and the advantages of the Commonwealth Split-site Scholarship 2023–2024 can be found in the following paragraphs.
The benefits of Applying for the Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships
- The scholarship Provides for the Full funding for the tuition.
- Selected students are entitled to a monthly stipend of £1,236.
- Applicants who gain admission into any of the universities within the Metropolitan area of London will receive a monthly stipend of £1,516
- Cost of traveling back to their native country.
- There will be the provision of a study travel grant.
- Clothing allowance for the fluctuating weather conditions
- An allowance for the first child, worth £529, and that of the second and third child, worth £131 each month, are provided to widowed, divorced, or single parents.
The Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships Eligibility Criteria for 2023
CHECK OUT: 6 Excellent University of Sussex Scholarships, England for International Students: 2023
- Interested applicants must be a citizen of a country that is a member of the Commonwealth.
- The applicant may be someone who is under British protection.
- Additionally, the candidate may apply if they have refugee designation in a Commonwealth nation that is qualified.
- The applicant may apply if they are a citizen or permanent resident of one of the Commonwealth nations.
- When the scholarship is confirmed, the applicant must be enrolled in a Ph.D. program at an institution located in a Commonwealth nation (September 2023).
- There must be a connection between the applicant’s home institution and the institution in the UK.
- The candidate’s qualifications must be verified by documentation from the institution’s professors and administration.
Procedures to apply for the Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships in the UK
- The candidate must apply to a school with a financial aid arrangement with the CSC. A rundown of the colleges receiving partial support is provided in the link below.
- The application is sent to CSC without intervening steps for online applications through the CSC system.
- The CSC will only accept applications submitted through the CSC online portal.
- The following materials are necessary for a complete application.
- A photocopy of the applicant’s passport or other government-issued photo identification that includes the applicant’s full name, birth date, and photographs.
- Compile and submit all transcripts from previous institutions attended.
- A recommendation letter from the supervisor back home.
- Statement of endorsement from a supervisor at an institution in the United Kingdom.
- In the form of a character reference letter from an existing acquaintance
For further information and application, visit the official webpage of the institution through the link provided.